|Product Name:||Phycocyanin E25 Powder||Origin:||Spirulina (blue-green Algae)|
|Color Value:||Color Value E10%618nm ≥250||Quality Standard:||In-house Standard|
|Appearance:||Blue Fine Powder||Sodium Citrate:||5%|
|CAS NO.:||11016-15-2||Application:||Anti-inflammatory And Antioxidant|
blue spirulina powder,
natural spirulina powder
Blue-Green Algea Extract Phycocyanin E25 Powder / Blue Spirulina Powder
The phycocyanin E25 is a blue powder containing 5% sodium citrate but no trehalose. The phycocyanin E25 has high phycocyanin content and can be used in medical or scientific research, as well as in health care products and cosmetics.
Phycocyanin is a new type of natural pigment, and its good safety and functionality are being continuously researched and proven worldwide. Japan was the first country to develop and apply algae blue, and it is the only natural blue pigment approved by the US FDA. The European Union has listed phycocyanin as a raw material for color foods, non-food additives, and its use in food is not limited. In China, the Food Additives Catalog (GB2760) also uses sapphire blue as a natural coloring agent.
Quick details of Phycocyanin E25 Powder
|Material name||Phycocyanin E25 Powder|
|Origin of material||Spirulina (blue-green algae)|
|Color and Appearance||Blue fine powder, Fluorescence|
|Quality Standard||In-house standard|
|Solubility||perfect solubility into water|
|Application||Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant|
|Shelf Life||2 years from production date|
|Packing||Inner packing: 5KG/Aluminum foil bag|
|Outer packing: 2 Foil bags/Carton|
What is the raw materials to produce Phycocyanin powder ?
The raw materiaols to produce phycocyanin powder is the spirulina. Spirulina is a dark blue filamentous microalgae belonging to the cyanobacteria, the genus Cyanophyta, the genus Algae, and the genus Spirulina. It is a kind of lower aquatic algae, rich in protein, vitamins, polysaccharides and unsaturated. Nutrients such as fatty acids and minerals have extremely high nutritional value and multi-faceted health care effects.
What is Phycocyanin powder ?
The phycobiliprotein contained in spirulina is an important light-harvesting pigment protein, mainly composed of phycocyanin, allophycocyanin and phycoerythrin. The phycocyanin and spirulina polysaccharides are important active substances in spirulina.
Phycocyanin is a kind of photosynthetic auxiliary pigment commonly found in cyanobacterial cells. It is an important pigment protein. It is an important photosynthesis in spirulina cells by the combination of open-chain tetrapyrrole compounds and apoproteins through sulfur chain bonds. The natural pigment content in spirulina is as high as 10% to 20%. The results of clinical studies show that phycocyanin in spirulina has the function of improving immunity, promoting animal cell regeneration and inhibiting cancer cells.
Specification of Spirulina Extract Phycocyanin Powder E18
|ITEMS||CONTROL LIMITE||TESTING METHOD|
|Appearance||Blue fine powder||Visual|
|Solubility||Water soluble, not soluble in alcohol and lipid||In-house method|
|Loss on drying||Less than 7%||USP 731|
|Color Value||10% E618nm ≥250 unit|
|Aflatoxin||Absent||Food Industry Method|
|Pesticide||Absent||Food Industry Method|
|Total viable aerobic count||<1000CFU/g||USP2021|
|Yeast & Mold||<100CFU/g||USP2021|
|Salmonella||Negative in 25g||USP2022|
|E.Coli||Negative in 1g||USP2022|
|Staphylococcus Aureus||Negative in 1 g||USP2022|
|Particle size||100% through 80 mesh||In-house Method|
The application of Phycocyanin :
The application of phycocyanin is extensive and can be summarized as follows:
(1) Natural food coloring: phycocyanin is a water-soluble pigment, non-toxic, pure blue, clear and lovely, and can be used as an additive for food colorants and cosmetics.
(2) Medicine and health food: The phycocyanin in vitro experiment has the effect of stimulating the formation of red blood cell colonies, similar to erythropoietin (EPO). A variety of phycocyanin compound drugs have been successfully developed abroad, and the Japanese Kangpai AIDS Research Institute has successfully reported phycocyanin to improve anemia and improve hemoglobin. In 1982, Iijima et al. studied oral phycocyanin in mice to increase the survival rate of mice injected with liver tumor cells, and the lymphocyte activity of the experimental group was significantly higher than that of the
control. They believed that the protein had immune and anti-disease functions. In 1986, Harvard Hospital of Schwartz and Shklar discovered that spirulina phycocyanin inhibited some cancer cells.
(3) Special reagents for biological, chemical and cytological experiments: phycocyanin blue and fluorescent, can be used as some photodynamic research reagents in biology and cytology.
FAQs about Phycocyanin Powder
Can I get some samples for testing?
A: Yes, we can arrange free samples, but please kindly pay for the freight cost. If you have a DHL account, we can send via your DHL account.
Does preshipment sample available ?
A: Yes, we can arrange preshipment sample, tested OK, you can place the order.
What is your payment method ?
A: T/T, and Paypal is prefered.
How can we make sure that the quality meets our requirments ?
1. Typical Sample is available for your testing before placing the order
2. Pre-shipment sample send to you before we ship the goods
What’s your MOQ?
A: our MOQ is 1kg.
Contact Person: Eric Lee