|Product Name:||Spirulina Extract Phycocyanin Powder||Origin:||Spirulina (blue-green Algae)|
|Color Value:||E10%618nm≥180||Quality Standard:||In-house Standard|
|Appearance:||Blue Fine Powder||Application:||Colorant, Pigment|
blue spirulina powder,
spirulina chlorella powder
Water Soluble Spirulina Extract Phycocyanin Powder E18 as Natural Blue Food Colorant
Our company is a supplier of Water Soluble Spirulina extract Phycocyanin Powder E18, it is usually used as natural blue food colorant.
Quick details of Phycocyanin:
|Material name||Water Soluble Spirulina Extract Phycocyanin Powder E18 as Natural Blue Food Colorant|
|Origin of material||Spirulina (blue-green algae)|
|Color and Appearance||Blue fine powder, Fluorescence|
|Quality Standard||In-house standard|
|Color Value||E10%618 ≥180|
|Solubility||perfect solubility into water|
|Application||As a blue pigment for food, Cosmetic or Supplement Industry|
|Shelf Life||2 years from production date|
|Packing||Inner packing: 5KG/Aluminum foil bag|
|Outer packing: 2 Foil bags/Carton|
General Knowledge of Water Soluble Spirulina Extract Phycocyanin Powder E18 as Natural Blue Food Colorant
Phycocyanin is a natural pigment extracted from spirulina which is also known as blue-green algae. It is a type of pigment from the light-harvesting phycobiliprotein family and it is derived from C-phycocyanin and allophycocyanin. Phycocyanin is not only a natural blue colorant but also a nutritional dietary supplement ingredient because it contains a high content of protein. It is perfectly soluble in water and has a fluorescent property with a characteristic fragrance.
Phycocyanin has a wide range of applications. It could be used as a blue colorant in food or cosmetic industries because of its light blue color. Phycocyanin could also be used as a nutritional ingredient in dietary supplements industry due to its high content of protein. Phycocyanin could even be used in biology, chemistry and cytology due to its fluorescent property. We will mainly describe the application of phycocyanin as a blue food colorant in this page. And we will discuss the other applications in several other pages.
Specification of Spirulina Extract Phycocyanin Powder E18
|ITEMS||CONTROL LIMITE||TESTING METHOD|
|Appearance||Blue fine powder||Visual|
|Solubility||Water soluble, not soluble in alcohol and lipid||In-house method|
|Loss on drying||Less than 7%||USP 731|
|Color Value||10% E618nm ≥180 unit|
|Aflatoxin||Absent||Food Industry Method|
|Pesticide||Absent||Food Industry Method|
|Total viable aerobic count||<1000CFU/g||USP2021|
|Yeast & Mold||<100CFU/g||USP2021|
|Salmonella||Negative in 25g||USP2022|
|E.Coli||Negative in 1g||USP2022|
|Staphylococcus Aureus||Negative in 1 g||USP2022|
|Particle size||100% through 80 mesh||In-house Method|
The application of Phycocyanin as blue colorant in food and nutritional industries.
Phycocyanin is widely used in many industries including food and nutritional industry, Drug Industry, Biology, Chemistry and Cytology industry. We will mainly talk about the application of phycocyanin in food industry as a colorant in this page.
1. Natural Blue Colorant: Phycocyanin is a water-soluble non-toxic pigment with light blue color. It will provide perfect blue color for your products. Moreover, beside the blue color, it can also provide abundant nutritious proteins with a full range of amino acids. The essential amino acids need by human body accounts for 37.2% of the total amino acids that Phycocyanin contains.
2. The type of products that usually use Phycocyanin as colorant are: Ice cream, Chewing gum, powder drink, cool drink, Cake, Candy, Jelly, Noodles, mustard, sugar coated tablets, and capsules.
Regulatory information about Phycocyanin
Phycocyanin is a new ingredient for food and nutritional industries, and it get recognized by many Food and Drug Authorities all around the World.
1. US FDA acknowledges Phycocyanin as the only natural blue pigment in the USA.
2. The EU countries listed Phycocyanin as a ingredient which functions both as colorant and nutritional ingredient.
3. China: Phycocyanin is listed in the Chinese food additives industry standard (GB2760) as the natural colorant.
The advantage of our Phycocyanin
1. High purity. We adopt advanced technology in our production facility to get the high purity of phycocyanin.
2. ISO22000 and HACCP Production: The Quality Management System of our production facility is ISO22000 and HACCP verified.
3. Well established QC laboratory testing: Our chitosan is tested in well-established laboratory before we release the material to you.
1. Free amount of samples: we can provide up to 200 gram free samples for testing purpose. If you want a big sample for machine trial or trial production purposes, please kindly buy 1kg or several kilograms you need.
2. Way of delivery the sample: We will use DHL to deliver the sample for you.
3. Freight cost: If you also had a DHL account, we can send via your DHL account. If you don’t, we can negotiate how to pay for the freight cost.
Contact Person: Eric Lee